|Super Healthy Noodle Soup in Fish Broth|
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time 45 minutes
Super Healthy Noodle Soup in Fish Broth
- 1 package shanghai noodle
- 1 package firm tofu - cut to shape like the photo above
- Some fresh chicken sausages ( squeezed out from its casing)
- 1 bunch choi sum or any kind leafy vegetable - wash
- 2 stems of green onion for garnish
- 1 golden pompano fish or any 2 remaining fish bones when you fillet your fish for other purposes.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 thumb size ginger
- 2 1/2 liter of water
- 1/2 tbsp cracked white pepper seed or less
- 2 fermented chili bean curd (mash and mix with 2 tbsp of water) you can buy at Asian grocery store.
- Some salt
- Add all the ingredients for the broth into a 2 1/2 liter boiling water, except for the fermented chili bean curd and let it boil for about ten minutes over high heat.
- Add the fermented chili bean curd and some salt then continue boiling over medium-low heat for another 20 minutes and strain the broth with a strainer.
- Place back the broth into the pot and reboil.
- Add the tofu into the boiling broth and with a spoon, scoop the sausages and make a small ball then add into the boiling broth.
- Bring to boil the shanghai noodle for two to three minutes and wash in cold running water then bring to boil for the second time for one or two minutes.
- Place the noodles in a bowl.
- Using the same water, boil the choi sum for one to two minutes and arrange it onto the noodle along with tofu, sausage balls, some broth and sprinkles with slice green onion (arrange like the photo above).
- Serve with your favorite chili sauce.