|Crispy Pizza with Anchovy|
Prep Time: 2.5 hours / Cook Time 25 minutes
Crispy Pizza with Anchovy
- 1 artichoke
- 1/4 cup cooked spinach
- 1 tbsp canned chopped anchovy
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 package fresh goat cheese (about 2 oz) - cut or pinch with your fingers
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Olive oil to brush
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water for about 5 minutes. Mix all the ingredients for the pizza dough and knead until smooth. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a plastic wrapper, then set aside and let it rise for two hours or until it doubles in size.
- Prepare lemon water before you cut the artichoke. Remove the tough part of the artichoke leaves until you reach the tender leaves. Cut the top third and 1 to 1.5 inches of the stem and also clean the rest of the green part with a knife. Cut artichoke in half and clean the middle hairy part then cut into the size you want. Immediately soak the artichoke into lemon water to prevent it from turning brown. Next, bring to boil or steam the artichoke and place the cooked artichoke into ice water and dry with a paper towel otherwise you will not get a crispy pizza.
- Cut the pizza dough into two parts and roll the dough until you reach the size of your pizza pan. Place the pizza dough you rolled into the pizza pan and lightly brush with olive oil, then bake for three to four minutes over 350 degrees. Take out the dough and arrange the grated mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cooked artichoke, cooked spinach, goat cheese, chopped rosemary, and the chopped anchovy.
- Place the pizza back into the oven and bake until golden and crisp over 400 degrees. Cut and serve.