|Chicken Eggplant Lasagna|
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time 25 minutes
Chicken Eggplant Lasagna
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant - cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 can dice tomato - 16 oz
- 1 chicken thigh - remove bone
- 6 stems fresh basil - chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic - chopped
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 balls grated fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese - plus 1/4 cup for sprinkle
- 1/4 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Marinate the chicken thigh with the seasoning above and fry with a tbsp olive oil until golden. Let it sit for five to ten minutes then chop.
- Using the same frying pan, fry the eggplants with 2 tbsp olive oil on both sides half-cooked and set aside.
- Heat another tbsp of olive oil and fry the chopped garlic until fragrant then add a can of dice tomato, chopped fresh basil, cracked black pepper, and little salt. Simmer until the liquid reduces a little bit.
- Mix all the cheese together in a bowl.
- In a baking plate or baking pan, spread some of the tomato sauce and arrange the first layer of eggplant, then a spoon of tomato sauce, the cooked chicken, and the mixed cheese. Do the same step until you have three layers, then sprinkles all the eggplants with 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for twenty to twenty five minutes or until the cheese melts, do not worry about the other ingredients because they are already cooked.