|Mushroom and Tofu in Clay Pot|
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 15minutes / Cook Time 20 minutes
Mushroom and Tofu in Clay Pot
- 2 bean curd sticks
- 10 bean curd puffs
- 6 dried shiitake mushroom
- 6 bok choy
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce or hoisin sauce if you are a vegetarian
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 thumb size of ginger
- 3/4 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or olive oil
- Soak the bean curd sticks and the dried shiitake mushrooms until soft.
- Then cut the bean curd and remove the stems off the shiitake mushrooms.
- Remove the leaves off the bok choy and cut them in halves. Soak the bok choy stems into salted water for a few minutes then rinse.
- Peel the garlic and the ginger and crack them using the back of the knife.
- Fry them in one tbsp of cooking oil, then add the mushroom, the bean curd puffs and the water. When it boils, stir it in the oyster sauce and soy sauce then add the bean curd sticks.
- Move and arrange them in a clay pot and continue cooking for another 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the vegetable and gently mix them and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Check the water. If it's too little, you can add a little more and taste it if they're too sweet from the oyster sauce or from the hoisin sauce. If so, you can add some more soy sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix a tbsp of water and the cornstarch and pour it into the clay pot, allow them to cook until the juice thickens, then turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy this delightful dish.
|How to make delicious shiitake mushroom and tofu in clay pot|