|Indonesian Oxtail Soup|
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time 60 minutes
Best Indonesian Oxtail Soup Made Easy
- 1 1/2 lb oxtail
- 1 large potato
- 2 medium size carrots
- 2 strands of spring onion
- Some celery leaves
- 1 tbsp fried shallot
- Some cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper seeds or 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash and bring to boil the oxtail until cooked. There should be about 1 1/2 liter of broth remaining.
- Peel the carrots and the potato and cut in the shape as you desire, cut also the spring onions about 1 inch long. Add them to the soup.
- Grind the garlic, shallots and the pepper seeds until smooth and mix in a tbsp of water. Heat the skillet with 1/2 tbsp oil over medium-low heat, fry the seasoning until fragrant then add to the soup.
- Use the pepper powder if you are using a food processor to grind and just add it to the blended seasoning.
- Boil the soup for about three to four minutes when you add the vegetable, then add some salt and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle the soup with celery leaves and fried shallots.
- Serve and enjoy this traditional and delicious oxtail soup.
- With 5 shallots, peel and thinly slice them, then sprinkle with some salt. Fry them in hot oil over medium heat until golden and dry them on a pepper towel.