|Best Indonesian Fried Noodles|
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time 15 minutes
Indonesian Fried Noodles
- 2 layers of Indonesian dried egg noodles
- Some slices of carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup cooked spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 string of spring onion - long and thinly sliced
- 6 beef balls - thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Indonesian soy sauce or regular soy sauce
- 2 toasted candle nuts - crack it
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of whole white pepper
- 1 red chili
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp water if you grind using a food processor
- Using an Indonesian stone grinder or a food processor, grind together all the seasoning until they're smooth and set aside.
- Bring to boil the noodle but not too cooked and rinse in cold running water to stop the cooking process then strain them.
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the egg and scramble it until they are separate and becomes firm then set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat another tbsp oil over medium-low heat, add the seasoning and fry until fragrant then add the water.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, all the vegetables (except for cooked spinach), the scrambled egg, and the beef balls.
- Stir for a few seconds then add the noodles. Simmer until they are combined and the noodles soft enough, then finally add the cooked spinach.
- Gently toss to combine and transfer the noodles onto a serving plate and sprinkle with spring onion.
- Enjoy this flavorful and delicious dish.