|Fettuccine with Pesto|
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes
Fettuccine with Pesto
- 1 handful fettuccine
- 1/4 cup roasted or baked pine nut
- 3 stalks of fresh basil - trim it
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or one clove of garlic if you like
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Bring to boil the fettuccine in hot boiling water with some salt.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, blend the pine nut, basil, olive oil, garlic powder or fresh garlic, ground black pepper and salt until smooth. You will need a little of the remaining water from the fettuccine you boiled for later.
- When the fettuccine is cooked, transfer them into a big bowl and mix in the pesto you had blended.
- Then add 1/4 cup water from the fettuccine you had saved from before, then mix it all together well.
- Finally add the romano cheese and the parmesan cheese, mix them well then transfer into a serving plate.