|Vegetable Egg Roll|
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes
Vegetable Egg Roll
- 1 package medium size egg roll skin (egg rolls and spring rolls are the same thing)
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 dried mushrooms
- Some dried lily flower
- 1/4 cup dried wood ear mushroom
- 1 fist size vermicelli noodles (soak)
- 1/2 cup tiny sliced of cabbage
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil to deep fry
- Soak the dried mushrooms, dried wood ear mushrooms, and lily flowers until soft.
- Wash them and cut into small pieces. Peel and wash the carrots and cut into small dices. Wash the celery and cut into small dice as the carrots.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet or wok and fry the garlic until fragrant, then add all the vegetables you had cut.
- Then, add pepper powder and soy sauce and let it cook in the sauce for two minutes ( if the vegetables doesn't release any liquids, add a little water) then add the vermicelli noodles. Stir it and turn off the heat to let the vermicelli absorb the liquids.
- In a cutting board or a big plate, lay one layer of egg roll / spring roll skin and add a spoonful or more of the stuffing, then roll it.
- Glue the edges of the egg roll skin with water, continue making more egg rolls until there's no more stuffing. Then fry them into a hot deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Serve and enjoy this heavenly egg roll or spring roll as some would say.
- If you want to wrap the egg roll like a bag with flower on top (like the picture above), tie up the egg roll with the green part of the spring onion but you have to put them in hot water first before using. Then tear the green part to become tiny strings, so you can use it to tie the egg rolls.