|Sticky Rice with Shredded Chicken|
I wanted a different way to make chicken and rice. I came up with this dish and everyone loves them. It is easy to make and healthy.
My own original recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes
Sticky Rice with Shredded Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of sticky rice
- 1 medium chicken breast (steam it then shred it)
- 1 cup water (3/4 to cook the sticky rice and 1/4 cup to cook the shredded chicken)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated galangga
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- few slices of red chilli for garnish
- Wash the sticky rice until they're cleaned. Then place them into a rice cooker and add water and coconut milk. Add pinch of salt to taste, stir it and let it cook.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat. Then add garlic, red onion, grated galangga, bay leaves and stir it.
- Then add water, coconut milk, brown sugar and pinch of salt to taste. Let it boil for a few minutes. Add the shredded chicken and continue cooking until it is dry and there's no more liquids.
- Scoop the cooked sticky rice and place them onto a small bowl or anything that you can use for measurement, then place them into a serving plate and put some of the cooked shredded chicken on top and sprinkle with slices of red chili like the picture above.