|Polenta And Watercress Salad|
Prep Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes
Polenta And Watercress Salad
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 heads of red radish
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup Polenta
- Vegetable oil to deep fr
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or regular olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) more if you like
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- Bring to boil the water and milk. When it is already hot but not boiling, turn the heat down, then add salt and polenta into it. You have to keep stirring until the polenta begins to thicken, then add butter and the egg yolk. Keep stirring and in the end, add parmesan cheese.
- Place them onto a plate that's already been sprayed with PAM or use butter. Then flatten it. Cover with plastic wrapper and keep in the refrigerator for a few hours or until we can cut it.
- When the polenta becomes firm enough to cut, take it out and cut to the shape and quantity as desire. Then fry it in a frying pan until golden brown and set aside.
- Wash the watercress and dry it using a strainer.
- Trim the red radish and wash them, then cut into thin slices. Wash the cherry tomatoes then cut it in half. Place all the salad vegetables in a big bowl.
- To make the salad dressing, mix everything together in a small bowl or in a glass jar and pour it into the salad bowl.
- Add the polenta and gently toss to combine and transfer into a serving salad bowl.